Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Settling in to the job

Day two at the job and all is still going well. I got my name plate today for my cubicle and later on I got my laptop! It's not the IBM ThinkPad that I was hoping for :-( It's a Dell, but I guess contractors cannot be choosers.

We had quite a downpour this afternoon and it affected the highway traffic on the way home. You know that there is a problem when you see not one, but two news helicopters hovering over the highway.

Liesel went to a doctor today for her earache. The doctor saw that her face was swollen and prescribed her an antibiotic. Please pray that the medicine kicks in soon and relieves some of the pain soon. She will see the doctor again in 2 weeks for a checkup. On the bright side, Liesel got her medicine from the pharmacy at our local grocery store. As I explained before, the store gives you a 10c per gallon discount for every $10 spent. So far we have accumulated 60c per gallon off the next time we fill up a car!!! Nie te sleg nie!

No comments: