Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Hi-ho, hi-ho its off to work I go

This morning I woke up all ready to head off for my first day of work. I packed my laptop and was ready to leave at 8:30. I was meant to meet my colleagues at 9:30 and I have no idea what the traffic would be like in Cleveland, so I gave myself an hour. Well, the traffic was an anti-climax (which is a good thing). It took me 25 minutes to get there - no hold ups whatsoever. What a pleasure if it would be like this every day!

The people I met today seem to be good guys! I was given a cubicle and told that I will be getting a brand new IBM ThinkPad (WOOHOOOOO) and a pager! Then I was also told that the manager's policy is that any new person that starts in her department shouldn't have to buy their own lunch, so I get get a free lunch every day this week! Not a bad start I would say!

While I was at work today, Liesel was at home with Nathan. She is suffering from a terrible earache, and she couldn't take it any more so she has made an appointment to see a doctor tomorrow. Please pray for her, and that the doctor can do something to take the pain away!

Below are some pics from our apartment

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Grant

It has been great to hear of each day's new experiences. I supose that all long holidays does eventually come to an end, so enjoy the working scene. I could really do with some 30° weather again. We have had lots of rain these past two weeks in CT and with one 5 year, a 1 year old and a puppy, the rainy days feels as if they are 48 hours long.

Regards

Leon
PS: I like your choice of transportation.