Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Warming... slightly


After keeping Nathan indoors yesterday and trying to keep him entertained, we realized that we HAD to get out with him today, for his sanity and ours ;-) We decided to go explore the stores in the neighborhood and started at BIG LOTS. This store contains bargain prices for just about anything! Toys, toileteries, clothing, furniture, food, outdoor, hardware, crockery, cutlery, linen, bedding etc, etc. It will be a good place for Liesel and myself to start for our new place in Ohio! It was still a bit chilly to go to a park, so we went to a mall where they had an indoor children's play area. Called Curiosity Creek, it's is very well done with cute slides, tunnels, a row boat, and lots of other things made out of a special soft, rubbery material. Nathan enjoyed himself for a while, but I think he was soon overwhelmed by the amount of children there (mostly older than him), running around and screaming.

The clouds started breaking up slightly this afternoon, so after Nathan's afternoon nap, I decided to give Liesel some well deserved "alone" time. It was a boy's afternoon out at the playground. After that, I thought that I needed to get Nathan excited by the things that excite me, and we stopped at a Circuit City store to look at laptop PC's. Since I am a contractor now, I will need to provide my own laptop, so it made the perfect excuse to go browsing with my boy!

Later this afternoon, I heard that our apartment application has been approved for Westlake. :-D Now I am busy finalizing some furniture rental for us, so that we do not have to sleep on the floor in our new apartment! So far, so good, and the weather forecast is much warmer for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»