Monday, May 29, 2006

All good things must come to an end

Today was my last day as an unemployed US resident :-( I suppose I have been rather spoiled by having a 3 month vacation. It was Memorial Day here in the US, so I was not the only person enjoying the 33C weather. We went to a mall today, as we chose an air-conditioned environment over the scorching summer outside. This afternoon, we needed to do a "cleaning & chemicals" shop, as we still did not have a vacuum cleaner yet. Before heading out to Walmart, Liesel decided to try something new out. She uploaded some of our favorite photos to the Walmart website via the wireless internet we have in our apartment. She paid for it using her credit card - $1.80 for 19 photos! Then, a hour later, we picked up the photos from Walmart!!!!!! That is one of the many reasons I love it here! Convenient, cheap and SIMPLE.

When we got home at 5, it was still 30C outside, so we decided that we would take Nathan for his first swim here! He absolutely loved it!!! Even when we got out of the pool he said "Gagain (again)!! FUN!!" So how could I turn that request down and we climbed straight back into the pool for a few more minutes!



And thus ends my vacation ......

No comments: