Friday, April 21, 2006

Variety is the spice of life....

If variety is the spice of life, then the USA must be New Dehli!! The reason I say this is that there are so many different varieties and option's for everything, available to us here... Today we went to Babies R Us. In SA, there is a tiny section at the back of Toys R us (In Westgate) that they made a Babies R Us. Now this is a store about the size of Sportmans Warehouse in SA (bigger than the Westgate Toys R Us), but this is just baby and toddler stuff. It is amazing!!! Liesel showed me an entire aisle of Nappy (Diaper in Americanese) Bags. I remember when Liesel was pregnant, you may find 2 or 3 Nappy Bags in Woolies! Then there were entire bedroom sets for toddlers, including bed (or cot), matching drawers, bedside table etc. etc. There was an entire rack of baby sunglasses!!! Don't even get me started on the toys!!! Unbelievable..... we can't wait to get a place of our own so we can start setting up Nathan's room! (Click on the Babies R Us link on the right if you don't believe me!)

We also paid a visit to the bank here as we received our Social Security numbers (SSN)yesterday!! That means we are finally on the "system" :-) So we gave the bank our SSN's and they gave us access to Internet Banking.

And the best news of all so far, is that our Green Cards arrived at Jacqui and Andreas' house yesterday!! SO now they are in the mail on their way to us!!! This is our first official form of US id!!

Now all I need is a job and then I will be a happy camper! Please keep praying that God will open the right doors for us and that we will be in His will!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now, this was a great idea Grant. I will try to catch up on your blog as often as I can.

Please say hello to L for me, and hope Nathan is doing well.

Best wishes from north !

PS! You will get that job, no worries mate.

Rune