Saturday, April 22, 2006

Lazy weekend


Today was a lot slower than normal. It started out with a visit to the Raleigh Farmer's Market. We punched the address into my GPS and set off to find it. Unfortunately, my GPS decides not to work when the sky is overcast. So every now and then it would find a satellite and blurt out a direction or two. However, as we say in SA, she doesn't wek lekker. So Liesel and I managed by some educated guesses and the grace of God to get to the market and back home on a completely different route.


The market in itself was quite nice. A place we would definitely take our folks when they come visit us ;-) Also a good place to get fresh fruit and veggies, and plants for a garden. Once we have our own place, and if its still in Raleigh, we will definitely come back here for flowers to stock our garden!

This afternoon we had a few thunder showers so we couldn't take Nathan to a park. That meant we had a lazy afternoon indoors. I went shopping for a few things for the PC and came home with a DVD writer. I needed this to access all my files that I had backed up to DVD in SA, because Liesel's laptop only has a CD-ROM. Now I have access to my files and I can go through some of them during the week. I was also looking for a cheap printer. You can get a printer for around $30 - $40 here, but I then found out, that you need to buy a USB printer cable as well! That little cable costs $34.99!!!! How do they justify that the simple little cable costs the same as the printer which has hundreds of moving parts and electronic components?!?!?!?!

Tomorrow (Sunday) morning we are off to the Summit church again (See link on the right) for the 9am service. That's it for now! Tune in again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about your basic needs Grant, chocolate muffins and chocolate milk? Did they have that?