Thursday, April 20, 2006

Life for a South African in the USA!!

Friends, Romans and countrymen (South Africans) - take me to Sears!

I have decided to start this blog so that you can get a glimpse into what it's like as South Africans who have moved to the USA. I hope to let you know what's good and not so good about George W Bush's back yard. I will try my best to be honest and open with my observations, and try and keep it light-hearted wherever possible.

We are missing our South African (and Botswanan??) family and friends dearly, and hopefully this blog will let them feel more a part of our lives as we settle down into a new life, culture and mindset here in the land of chocolate chip cookie dough!

As they say in the classics --- watch this space!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi GPM

Good to hear it is going well. Sure you already have the Yank accent. Regards to the fam.

Alexeii & Colette

Unknown said...

Hi Alex and Colette. Nee nog nie, dis die enigste ding wat my hier in ie VSA laat uitstaan ;)
GPM