Monday, April 24, 2006

Light at the end of the tunnel???

As I told you yesterday, I had my first telephonic interview today. Thank you to those that prayed because it went surprisingly well! The company contacted the employment agency immediately after the interview and asked them to set up a face-to-face interview with them in Ohio. So, next Monday, I am being flown out to Ohio to meet with the possible new employer! But wait, there's more! Another employment agency called me today and set up an interview with their client just outside of Raleigh tomorrow (Tuesday!)

Now I may be faced with a possible dilemma........ If Ohio wants me, do I move there, where the average HIGH temperature in January is 0C (32F) and live in a place where 1/3 of the year the temperature is below freezing? Or if the one near Raleigh wants me, do I move there where it is considered rural. There are no apartments there (so who knows where I will actually live?!?!) and the closest electronic stores are 18 miles (30km's) away?!?! If you know me, I am not a country boy by any stretch of the imagination!

So nou wat? Just keep on praying that God shows me the place He wants me at! Maybe I will get some more offers..... I would love to work for IBM here and stay in Raleigh.......

PLEASE NOTE: Some people have been battling to leave comments - saying they are asked to log in or sign up for something. You don't need to do that at all.....

Just click on "comments" on the bottom right hand side of this blog. Type your comment - then below the comment - where it says "Choose an identity" select either Other or Anonymous. Then click on Login and Publish OR Publish your Comment and voila - your comment is captured forever in the parallel universe known as THE INTERNET! ;-)

Now leave me a comment!!!! No more excuses (yes mom - I am referring to you!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Grant
Yes I have read your Web page and tried to leave a comment. It is very professional - Ian was remarkable impressed. Show this to your employers and I am sure that they will grab you with open arms!!!
Luv u lots
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Grant
Greatings from the flat mountain! I think this is a great idea of you to keep us up to date with the happenings in the US of A. Good news about the interviews! - We trust that God will open the right doors for you. Have you had a chance to gear up for squash (or is it raquet ball or something) yet?

While things are quiet, enjoy the break and time with the family!

Regards

Leon