Sunday, May 31, 2009

Contact Lens Hunting

Our week started with the celebrated holiday, Memorial Day. Nathan and I left at 9:30 on Monday morning in search for a parade. Unfortunately, our local town's parade started earlier than advertised and Nathan and I missed it. But I always have a plan B readily available.... so we jumped in the Rogue, climbed on the highway and flew to our neighboring town, Westlake, to gate crash their parade. We were not disappointed as soon the flashing lights and the sounds of drums and horns approached us! Nathan and I had a great time watching the parade, and Nathan scored well in the candy department too!


This weekend was a low key one! The weather was beautifully mild! Clouds were rare, and there was very little evidence of wind. So we spent a considerable amount of time in the garden. I pulled out my weedeater (trimmer) and got rid of the long grass that congregated around Nathan's play gym. Next, I hauled out the mower, and gave my yard a much needed cut - as the grass had grown substantially after the rainfall we had this past week! Liesel and Nathan also go their hands dirty (literally) in the garden.... but they also found time to dirty up some dishes and baked some delicious double chocolate chip cookies!


That evening, Liesel relaxed with a DVD while I was took my contact lenses out. One of them slipped off my finger, slid down the basin walls and into the drain! This is never good! So I went under the counter and managed to remove the U bend with all the water intact, and carried it to the laundry. To strain the water, I placed a washcloth over the drain hole in the laundry basin, and I poured the water onto the washcloth - but nothing showed up. It had to be somewhere so I went back upstairs and flushed the drainpipe with a lot more water and took that water to be strained too - still nada! Finally, I got hold of a pipe-cleaner and cleaned out the drain as best as I could in the hopes of dislodging the hidden lens. However, the only thing that was accomplished, was that the water now flows much faster out of the bathroom basin! Plan B = wear older, backup lens!

On Sunday - another beautiful day - had a pretty average day, with Church in the morning, and bible study in the evening. Throw in some Lego building fun with Nathan, cookie snacking, a walk around the neighborhood and family video calls and you have the McCarthy's weekend!

No comments: