Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Recital and the Rogue!

On Tuesday, Liesel and I were privileged enough to go to Nathan's first music recital. He had been going to a music class for half an hour each Tuesday after school and this was his opportunity to show us what he had learned! It was very cute with all students seated at one side of the the room, with their instruments beneath their chairs. First up, their teacher played various composers which the children instantly recognized! They also made up a story, and each child had a couple of lines to recite - which Nathan nailed :) Then it was time to play Hot Cross Buns on the keyboards. That was followed by a demonstration of their percussion skills! It was a fun thirty minutes, and we were so proud of Nath!



Unfortunately, the next day, Nathan picked up a dose of the flu, and was running a fever for the next few days. He still has the remnants of a cough, and it was because of that, that we had a low key weekend at home. I did manage to get out of the house long enough on Saturday to get a new car! My Honda CR-V lease is in its final days, and I needed to replace it or start biking to work! Now I have a brand new, shiny Nissan Rogue parked in my garage. I let Liesel take it for a drive that evening, and I think she fell in love with it. She took it to church on Sunday (as I was stayed at home with Nath who was still coughing and Josh). On her way there, she called me and told me she has a new favorite car, and she absolutely LOVES the sound of the indicator (blinker). Go figure! If it had a leather interior (which it doesn't), I would consider letting Liesel use it full time! (No really, I would!) But since it is leased, and need to be returned after 39 months in a good condition, I will keep it and look after it as best as I can. Having two boys under the age of five kind of guarantees that the seats will be stained with something! That is why Liesel's Buick (with leather seats) is the vehicle of choice to transport the boys in! Liesel obviously is free to drive my Rogue whenever she wants, as long as she doesn't dirty my upholstery ;)

No comments: