Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day Liesel!




My first week of work in an office environment for my new company has come to an end, and I can honestly say that I have made the right decision! This is the first time in my 12 years in the workforce that I have been given my own office! Also, the proximity to my house means that I can have lunch at home every day, much to Nathan's delight. The annoying cell phone alarm has also not been heard in the bedroom, and I am no longer being ripped out of my peaceful sleep - and that alone makes one feel human again!



Anyone with a pulse knows that today (Sunday) is Mother's Day! But the McCarthy boys wanted to make their mom/wife's entire weekend special! So on Saturday morning, we allowed her to have the morning to herself. This gave her the opportunity to do what she wanted to do and shop where she wanted to shop!

When she returned, I made a quick trip to the store with Nathan and I found myself a bicycle! Now Nathan has somebody that will be able to keep up with him as he races around our neighborhood! That evening, Liesel's friend came over for dinner with us, and she brought her three boys who along with Nathan turned the basement into a pirate's den and the play-set outside into their ship! We all had a wonderful time, and had some delicious food cooked on my grill!



On Sunday, I volunteered to deal with Josh when he woke up - so that Liesel could get a long overdue lie in! After Josh had his breakfast, Liesel got a freshly brewed cup of coffee in bed :) Nathan, once awake, brought Liesel two cards which he made for her, which brought tears to her eyes :') There wasn't much time left because we were heading to the Original Pancake House for breakfast before church. The breakfast was divine, with Liesel having the pumpkin pancakes, and Nathan and I opting for chocolate chip pancakes! Liesel and I were stuffed after eating the 3 pancakes on our plates.... and we ordered HALF PORTIONS. I don't know how anyone could finish SIX pancakes in their regular portion!!!

After breakfast we headed to the second service at Church where all the mother's were treated to a mini-concert from the children. Nathan's class came in and sang a couple of songs which everyone enjoyed!


Later that afternoon, it was time for my weekly exercise regime, and I fired up my mower and cut the grass again. Afterward, Liesel decided to make use of her Mother's Day gift for the first time, and we all went outside and enjoyed a lovely supper on her new patio set! It was really a fitting way to end such an enjoyable weekend - outdoors, in the sunshine and enjoying some good food with family :)

No comments: