Sunday, June 07, 2009

'Fun' in the sun!

We were blessed with beautiful weather this weekend in North East Ohio! Blue, cloudless skies, accompanied by the gentlest of breezes set the stage for most of our activities! We started on Friday evening by heading to our favorite fast food restaurant, Moe's Mexican Grill! Moe's lived up to their reputation of delivering mouth watering food, and Nathan polished off his quesadilla in record time - so that he could get to his chocolate chip cookie!

On Saturday - Liesel and Nathan headed out to the shops to buy some more plants for her garden. When they returned, I fired up my trusty mower and headed into the yard to cut the grass - shirtless! This proved to be a big mistake - even after covering my face, neck and shoulders with sun tan lotion....

It probably wasn't the mowing itself that created the problem, but afterwards I started applying a stain on Nathan's jungle gym - and I think that is where my trouble began.

So as you can see, I got my first bit of color this season, and am paying for it dearly! As I type this blog, it feels like 20 00 hot needles are penetrating my back!

The rest of the day (and the weekend), I resolved to keep my shirt on!
However, before realizing the impending pain heading my way, Nathan and I had a lot of fun running over the garden sprinkler and then a very cool beach ball sprinkler that shoots water all over! It did take about 37 full lung inhalations to fill the ball! I really need to get an air compressor! After coming inside and changing into dry clothes, Liesel took Nathan and Josh to Toys R Us to find a toddler swing for him. Nathan was in total awe of their Lego collection, and has compiled an impressive wish list for his next 12 birthdays and Christmas! In the meantime, I headed off to Home Depot to buy a few supplies to help me complete the mini-projects I have for myself around our house!



On Sunday we headed to church for our weekly spiritual input. Afterward, I resolved to stay indoors and relax after Saturday's lesson. My indoor activities included reinforcing Nathan's Lego pirate ship, and building him a Lego garage. Liesel prepared a delicious roast for dinner, who we shared with our friends, Ron and Tammy. We had a lovely time chatting and sat outside to enjoy the stunning Ohio evenings!

No comments: