Sunday, June 27, 2010

The heat is on


Eish! With South Africa and USA now out of the World Cup tournament, Nathan and I will have to find a new team to support! Here is Nathan sporting the South African team's soccer shirt, sent to him by my mom a few days before the World Cup kicked off!

Summer has definitely staked her claim here Cleveland over the past few days. Today the temperature outside our house was 95 (35C) in the shade! The high humidity has teamed up with the high temperatures to make the heat even more uncomfortable! It was this tag team combination that convinced me to skip the Ultimate Frisbee game today :( But there were plenty of other highlights today. This morning, I was part of the worship team at church. I really enjoyed our set and serving today! Later on this afternoon, our good friends, (and Nathan's best friends) came over for dinner. They pulled up to our house during a torrential afternoon thunderstorm. This storm actually downed a number of trees in the area, some of which were uprooted and others split in half. After it had passed, I fired up my trusty grill and threw on some tender steaks for dinner. We all had a great time with the Talmage family. It was a great way to wind up the weekend! Here is a photo of the sunset after the storm.


Saturday was just as toasty. Nathan and I headed to a T-Ball game first thing in the morning. Nathan's hitting had improved dramatically since the last time he played, but it wasn't enough to secure the win for his team. But he said he had fun, and that's all that really matters!

When we got home, Liesel and Nathan went out to a number of garage sales, while Josh and I stayed at home in the cool house. Later that afternoon, I had to succumb to the neighborhood peer pressure and mow the grass. While I was cutting the grass, Liesel had both boys in the pool with her. Josh seemed to be a bit more relaxed in the water with Liesel, but soon wanted terra firma under his little feet again. When I had finished mowing, I jumped into the pool and was joined by Nathan.

Going back one more day, Friday evening was set aside for Family Fun Night. Once Josh was put to sleep, the rest of the family gathered around the TV to watch "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs". It was a great family movie, with Nathan giggling throughout the movie.

So all in all, another great, and hot weekend here in Cleveland. The best part is that we are only at the start of summer, and hopefully can reap many more hot weekends ahead!

No comments: