Sunday, June 06, 2010

Beach, Baseball and Bicycling

This weekend's blog will consist of photos, videos and a map to convey what we did this weekend. The reason for this is twofold - firstly because a change is as good as a holiday, and I feel that changing the format of the blog occasionally, helps keep it "fresh". Secondly, it has been an exhausting weekend and I can feel the energy slowly drain out of my weary body as I type. So I will keep this short, in order to conserve enough energy to make it up the fourteen stairs to get to my bed, that has been screaming incessantly for me for the past 3 hours already.

My Friday Family Fun night idea was to take the family to the lake Erie Beach after the supper. The boys loved every minute there, playing in the sand, picking up stones and watching the sun set!




Saturday was much crazier. After mowing the lawn for 90 minutes, I barely had time to grab a Coke before jumping into the car to take Nathan to another T-ball match before 11am. I was so proud of him as he scored 3 runs for his team and 2 RBI's (Runs Batted In).



On Sunday morning, 4am, we were awakened by an automated phone call, warning us of a severe thunderstorm headed to us, and not more than ten minutes later the heavens unloaded a deluge. It sounded as if someone was aiming a fire-hose at our windows, and this continued for a couple of hours! Later at Church, Liesel and I had volunteered to take Nathan's Sunday School class, which consisted of seven 5 year old boys! These should explain my fatigue.... but wait! There's more......

At 3pm, we loaded the bikes onto my car and headed to the Westlake Recreation Center, to ride a few laps of their trails. The map below, generated by the GPS in my new phone, show's our route, and even where we parked!


View Westlake Rec in a larger map

And on that note - I bid you farewell until next week!

No comments: