Sunday, September 30, 2007

Slowly piecing the rooms together

What another beautiful weekend in terms of weather!. Warm, sunny days with temperatures in the upper 20's (Degrees Celsius). This is almost unheard of, since the average temperature for this time of the year is approximately 20C, so we are very privileged at the moment!

So after getting home from work on Friday, I mowed the lawn :-) Lawn-mowing is now becoming a bi-weekly ritual, and soon, I won't be needing to mow the lawn for a very long time! After mulching the grass, Nathan and I played outside. He is absolutely loving the driveway and sidewalks, and the two us have hours of fun chasing each other, with him on his little motorbike (imported especially from Botswana) and me on a Spiderman scooter designed for a 4 year old. Needless to say, my back is not a huge fan of it! I think it's time to buy myself a bicycle...... The savings in medical bills alone for my back should cover the cost!

That evening we took a drive to an Arts and Crafts store, and bought ourselves 3 frames, so we can frame Liesel's dad's beautiful photos and hang them in our lounge. That was my mini-project for the weekend. On Saturday afternoon, while the rest of the house slept, I mounted the photos onto colored backgrounds, and placed them into the frames. They really came out well!! Then once Liesel and Nathan were awake, I hung the photos in the lounge, which now is really starting to take shape and develop character!

Sunday morning was not a day that I could sleep in. I was awake at 6am and was at the church before 7am to help set up the stage for the choir who were singing with us in the service. Thankfully they had the coffee ready by 7:30am and I could fill up on much needed caffeine before I played in the two morning services! The music was really well received today, and I enjoyed being a part of it! Later on Sunday afternoon, we headed out to Target to look for some curtains to finish our lounge with. We found the ideal ones, and our lounge will soon be complete and we can start giving the next room its makeover!

Nathan now is also starting to comprehend the potty training concept. Maybe its the fact that we have set up a reward system, that each time he goes to the potty, he will get a sticker, and after 5 stickers you get a present... but so far this weekend, he has been 7 times and earned 2 presents already. It's amazing what a little incentive can do :-)

No comments: