Sunday, May 06, 2007

The McCarthy Gang with their newly acquired Denim jackets


Another week has jogged past us. This week has been a rather hectic week at work, with a minor crisis rearing its ugly head midway during the week. Thankfully we got past that and hopefully the coming weeks return to normal!

On Friday, my mom wired me some of my money from South Africa. What I found fascinating, that if I transfer money between 2 local banks in the USA, it takes 3 days for the money to appear in the account. But when money is wired from a different continent, in a different currency, it arrives within minutes! Go figure!

Our weather has been good, very similar temperatures to what Johannesburg is currently experiencing in their autumn. On Saturday, we all headed down south to Lodi, where our closest Outlet mall is. We all needed some clothes and this is proably the best place to buy, since they have most of the name brand stores there selling their clothes at factory prices. The mall also has a playground with a number of slides, so Liesel and I played tag team. While 1 of us watched Nathan, the other went shopping, then we would swop, and so on. Both Liesel and myself got ourselves a pair of Reebok running shoes for gym. Liesel got some clothes for Nathan, and got both her and Nathan a denim jacket. After lunch we headed home for Nathan's obligatory nap!

That afternoon, I found that my CR-V's battery was dead! I managed to jumpstart it and then bundled Nathan in and took him for a 32 mile drive up and down the highway to charge the battery again! Unfortunately, my radio has an anti-theft device installed, so it cannot be operated without entering the manufacturer's code (which I had in the apartment). SO poor Nathan had to listen to my renditions of "Old MacDonald" and "I may never march in the infantry" for most of the trip. He was probably wondering what he did to get this punishment ;-)

On Sunday afternoon, all 3 of us headed to the Westlake Rec playground. While Nathan braved the high slides, I launched our kite successfully in the field. It was very breezy and didn't take long to get the kite dancing a few hundred feet in the sky. Unfortunately, Nathan was having too much fun experiment with gravity, to take any notice of his old man. But I had fun anyway! later that evening we had our Bible study, which we always enjoy (I have to say that in case Tom reads this ;-) ) Seriously, Liesel, Nathan and I love getting together with the folk in our flocks group and fellowshipping together on a Sunday evening. As an added bonus, it was our leader's (Tom) birthday yesterday, so we had some delicious cake too! Happy Birthday Tom!

No comments: