Sunday, May 20, 2007

Hi, my name is Liesel and I am an addict!

Yes it's true, my wife is a self confessed garage-sale addict. I guess in terms of addictions, it's one of the better addictions to have! This week Liesel ventured into the dark corners of the garage-sale world, and returned triumphantly! Then on Saturday, she managed to talk me in to attending a neighborhood garage sale event! It was quite fun, as we drove slowly by the houses, to see what wares they had to offer. All of a sudden, in a scene that you would expect to find in an Amazing Race episode, Liesel yells "Stop the car!! I am getting out!!" and before the car comes to a stop, she has jumped out! unfortunately on that occasion, the sought after item had already been sold, but I must admit that Liesel has saved us hundreds of dollars with the other stuff she has hunted and bought. For example, she bought Nathan a Little Tikes car, with a handle for us to push, valued at $70 for only $4. She also found a Little Tikes tricycle that sells for $40 new, for $2!! All I have to say to her is: "You go girl!" Of course Nathan is the big winner in all of this, as his toy inventory is growing steadily, with cars, bikes, books, trucks, tables etc!


After a frantic morning at the neighborhood garage sale, and a well deserved nap for Nathan, we went to the Westlake Recreation Center with Nathan's new "red wagon". Finally, we ended the day with a delicious Mexican meal from a local Mexican restaurant!

On Sunday we went to Church, and then stopped at a couple of shops on the way home. Later that afternoon, Nathan and I headed for one of his favorite playgrounds! For some obscure reason, Nathan seems to prefer my CR-V to Liesel's Rendezvous! So every opportunity he finds, he asks to go in "Dada's H-car (Honda)." So this is my way to brighten his day. I also let him sit on my lap and drive around our complex. Today though, after I put him on my lap, he promptly told me that I should sit in the passenger seat while he drives........ He is growing up so quickly!

No comments: