Sunday, April 29, 2007

Passport paperchase!

Another glorious weekend has trickled away from us! After a good week at work, I took Friday off in order to get my application for a new SA passport sorted out. The wise decision makers in the upper echelons of Home Affairs have decided that one can no longer renew your SA passport, but you need to reapply for for a new passport every time it expires! This means that I must now get each fingerprint taken for my application. Even the officials at the police station that I had my prints taken at, couldn't believe the lengths I had to go to for "renewing" my SA passport!!! Once submitted I have to sit back and wait for up to six months to get my new passport! You gotta love bureaucracy!

On Friday, I was also privileged enough to go watch Nathan at the "Little Gym". Here he gets together with other children his age, and they have an organized fun time. They play games, and sing songs, and even learn a little bit about gymnastics! It is always good to see him interacting with other children!

On Saturday, I headed to Cleveland State University for my last Saturday class. When I got home at 4pm, Nathan was waiting for me and his first words after I walked in the door were, "Dada, swings and slides?" How can you deny a request like that? So we all headed out to the playground where he just loves spending as much time as possible!

Sunday was a stunning day with temps reaching 25C and not a breath of wind! After church we headed to a local park with a picnic lunch and a newly acquired kite! After letting Nath play on the slides for a bit, we had our lunch, and then tried to launch the new kite - unsuccessfully! There wasn't even enough of a breeze to tickle the tails of the kite - let alone launch it into the atmosphere!

Later that afternoon, Nathan and I made another trip to Huntington beach! The sky was so clear and the water looked so inviting as it reflected the sky off its surface. However the 6C temperature quickly convinces you that looks can be deceiving! But it was still great fun for Nathan to throw whatever he could into the Lake!

After dinner, Nathan took Liesel in search of the local resident ducks in our neighborhood ponds, as the sun is only setting these days around 8:30pm! So Nathan definitely had his fair share of the outdoors this weekend!

No comments: