Sunday, June 05, 2011

Work(out), work, work

The title pretty much sums up the weekend in a nutshell! It started on Saturday morning, when I decided to try out the 8:30am Bootcamp class at our gym. It was too early to take the boys with me and Liesel had other plans (carpet cleaning), so I left in a hurry and made it to the class just as it started. After 10 minutes into the class, I was praying for the instructor to stop! My body is not accustomed to this continuous cardio onslaught... But I forced myself to stay and complete the remaining 40 minutes! Needless to say, I barely walked upright out of that class, but I had accomplished my mission, burn as many calories as possible in 50 minutes.
When I got home later that morning, I found Liesel in the middle of her intense cleaning regiment. Nathan asked me to build a Lego police station for him, and I never turn down an opportunity to play with Legos! A while later, Liesel was done with the indoor carpets, so she headed outside to clean her car's carpets! So I took the boys outside with me and I started trimming the bushes around the porch. Nath helped a little by placing the cuttings into a cart for me, while Josh caused havoc, jumping on the branches, and unpacking the cart that Nath was filling.
That afternoon, Liesel went grocery shopping while Josh napped, and I took the opportunity to do some touchups on some interior walls that had been begging for attention for a number of months! When Liesel got home, it was almost dinnertime. I fired up the grill to barbecue some delcious ribs, the kind where the meat just falls off the bone! Hmmmmmmmmm

After church on Sunday morning, I brought the ladder inside to hang up some more pictures on the staircase wall. Liesel had prepared a delicious roast chicken for lunch, which went down so well! In my opinion, she makes the best roast chicken this side of the equator :-)  Later that afternoon, I hauled out the mower and gave the front and back yard a mow. It has been beautfifully hot over the weekend with the mercury reaching 95(35C) yesterday and a slightly milder 87 (30C) today. Needless to say, we have had the air-conditioning turned on for the past 48 hours.

So I have covered work(out) and work so far, which leaves me with the final work item. Right now I am typing this blog about 20 000 feet above Pennsylvania, on my way to a customer. We need to be onsite at 8am, so we are flying in the night before. I then fly back to Cleveland around the same time tomorrow. So that was the weekend! Only two more weekends until my mother arrives :-)

Before I sign off, I want to give you an update on Nathan's leg. He has had his last cast cut off about 2 weeks ago and was given an air boot to walk around in. Liesel and I noticed that he seemed to struggle walking, so we asked him about it and he said he still felt pain in his leg. So Liesel took him back to the Doctor, who took another X-ray and zoomed into the area of the break. He discovered that there was still a fracture there, which is most likely the cause of his pain. To prevent it from getting worse, the doctor decided to put Nathan's leg into another cast! This one will stay on for another 2 weeks when they will reassess the situation. Please pray for Nath and that his leg will be completely healed during these two weeks, as we go on vacation in 3 weeks to the coast, and it would be awful to have to be there with a cast! On a brighter note, Nath has now had a leg cast in each of the primary colors!!!

No comments: