Sunday, June 12, 2011

I've got the fever!

Even though it is the NBA Finals Game 6 tonight, with my team in the lead in the fourth quarter, it is not basketball fever that I am referring to. Unfortunately, at this time of the year, after a few good rainfalls, and warm sunny days, I am at the mercy of the various forms of pollen that are unleashed into the atmosphere! Of course, working in the garden and mowing the yard does not help either. So by the end of the day,  I was a stuffed up, red eyed wreck :( The allergy medication also seemed to be waving the white flag against the onslaught of pollen, as they had no effect on me!

Let's recap my demise on Saturday:
While Liesel washed all the windows, I trimmed another two bushes - STRIKE ONE.
Shortly afterwards, I took out my blower and started clearing out the dust, leaves and dirt from the garage. A huge cloud of white dust emanated from the garage..... I followed this with blasting the garage floor with water, hoping to wash the inset dust and dirt away. STRIKE TWO.
Later that evening, after bathing the boys, I stepped outside again to cut the lawn. STRIKE THREE!

Sunday's weather was completely different from the hot, humid Saturday. We woke up to a chilly, overcast day. Liesel had nursery duty at church, so she left a couple of minutes before the boys. After church, we came home and chatted to the family in South Africa. My mother flies out to London on Monday night, spending a week in England, before winging her way to us for our summer vacation!
After a nap that afternoon, Liesel took Nath to the shops with her, and he returned with a solar powered model bi-plane! The remainder of the afternoon was spent figuring out how to assemble this plane! And that was the weekend, and then we pick up my mom at the airport! That means our summer vacation to South Carolina is less than 2 weeks away! Can't wait for the salt water of the Atlantic to clear my sinuses of this Ohio pollen!!!

No comments: