Sunday, April 25, 2010

The return of the lawnmower

On Tuesday, I picked up my long overdue lawnmower from Sears. They had kept it for 17 days in total for a simple service. To me that was unacceptable, and I complained to them about it. Sears was very sympathetic, and offered to pay for the service, which amounted to more than $75! I was very happy with that! Then a couple of days later, I received another phone call from Sears Customer Care, and they again apologized, and this time offered me a $100 gift card to make up for the inconvenience! Wow! To me, Sears went over and above, to keep me, their customer, happy! Thank you Sears!

Now my lawn is back under control, and my mowing season has officially begun.

Our highlights for the weekend included a family bike ride around the neighborhood, with myself leading the way with Josh firmly secured into a bike seat mounted above my rear wheel. Nathan kept up with me on the sidewalks, while Liesel brought up the rear! We were planning on driving to a local park for a change of scenery, but it was nearly impossible getting all the bikes into the back of the car. So we will be buying a bike rack with the gift card from Sears!

On Sunday, I was privileged to play in the worship team at church again, which was very rewarding - as usual! That afternoon, the season's first thunderstorm blew over our house, bringing with it some welcome rain. As the rain tapered off, I went outside with Nathan and grilled some delicious steak for dinner! Hopefully, this is just a taste of what is still to come for the remainder of Spring and Summer!

No comments: