Sunday, April 04, 2010

A Glorious Easter!!

Jesus Christ has risen from the grave! What a glorious day in Cleveland to celebrate Easter! Temperatures well above average, and blue sunny skies were the order of the day. This past week saw some extraordinary weather, including a number of record breaking high temperatures! It's hard to believe that we had a snow storm less than ten days ago!

On Friday, we were given the afternoon off. I actually cycled to work that day - since it was a beautiful warm Spring day. With the temperature in the mid eighties (30C), we decided to take the boys down to the lake to play in the beach sand! We really did not not expect to see what we were about to witness! As we hopped out of the car and got to the top of the staircase leading down to the beach, tons of ice that had piled up during the winter months, were still present in the lake! It was piled up so high in some places, that people could walk out onto it as if it were a hill, straight from the edge of the pier! I couldn't believe my eyes, because as some people were lying on the beach tanning, others were carefully clamoring up the ice mounds!




Needless to say, our fearless Josh had to walk in the water, which he did for about a minute. After some time playing in the sand, we then headed for a regular summer afternoon treat, Mitchell's Ice Cream! That evening, Liesel headed to our Church for the Good Friday service, while I stayed at home with the boys.

On Saturday, after hearing the sound of mower's running in my neighborhood, I thought I should take my mower for a service before the next dreaded mowing season. So we dropped it off at our local Sears, only to be told that they ship the machine down to Pittsburgh for the tune up, and it will only be ready in about 2 weeks! On the bright side, I won't have to mow for two weeks, while on the down side, I will have to endure neighbor's glares as my grass takes advantage of this tropical weather.....

Later that morning, I took Nathan to watch his first movie ever, How To Train Your Dragon 3D!! The movie was absolutely fantastic, and both Nathan and I loved it! Nathan even exclaimed that he loved how everything in the movie was right in front of him! That evening, for family fun night, I again chose the game of Monopoly, which is quickly becoming a family favorite!

The Risen Christ was the title of our Church's Easter Cantata, and it was really moving and powerful. Corb, our Worship Pastor conducted a full orchestra and choir spectacularly again! Afterward, we rushed home, so I could tell my father to watch the second service broadcast live, which he did, and also thoroughly enjoyed! Then it was time to set the two boys free in the yard to go and find the Easter Eggs that the Easter Bunny had cleverly hidden the night before. Nathan got a good share of the sugar filled stash, and Josh didn't do too badly either.
Later that day, when Josh was having a well deserved nap, Nathan and I headed out for some more bike riding lessons. It wasn't long before I could let go of the bicycle, and Nathan was riding the bike on his own! He went up and down the driveway and sidewalk, loving his new found freedom! Next, we will work on his braking skills, as Liesel was not too happy with the way he drags his shoes on the driveway to slow down.....

That evening, Liesel did what she does best, and cooked up an awesome Easter dinner. Our friends joined us, as we dined on roast lamb and roast chicken and all the trimmings! What an amazing wife I have been blessed with!


No comments: