Sunday, September 13, 2009

Security Gate!

Liesel and I never thought we would see the day, here in the USA, that we realized that we would need the extra protection that only a security gate can offer. We thought that we would never need to make use of these gates once we left South Africa, but the times here are calling for more desperate measures. So we finally bought the security gate and I installed it at the top of our stairs. Now we can sleep peacefully again, knowing that even the youngest member of the family is now protected!

Below is a photo of the recently installed security gate.....
.
.
.
.


Yes, as you now can tell, our little Joshua is becoming a little speed crawler, and making his way around the house in the blink of an eye. So it's for his safety, that we bought the "security" gate and I installed it a couple of weeks ago. Now whenever we are upstairs with Josh, we lock the gate, keeping him from a potentially nasty accident! In the top right hand corner of the photo, you can see Josh making his way into Nathan's room where all the cool toys are :)

This week, Nathan started his second year of pre-school, and is now attending 4 days a week, and loving it. Liesel is also enjoying the extra time on her hands as Nathan's school times coincide with Josh's afternoon nap.



This weekend was another one where a lot of time was spent on house work. Liesel took Nathan to the shops with her on Saturday morning, while I continued sanding and painting our porch rails. This unfortunately took up most of the day, but I am now only one coat of paint away of completing the entire project. That afternoon, while Liesel and Josh napped, I helped Nathan build his Lego firefighter truck. I literally only handed him the correct blocks for the particular page, and he followed the directions and built the entire car (and trailer) on his own! He must have inherited my Lego-building genes! That evening, I grilled some salmon on my griller outside and we enjoyed a lovely meal outside on the patio again! For family fun night, I chose to watch a DVD from the library called "The Wild", basically Disney's attempt at a Madagascar type story. It was OK - but I am glad that it was from the library so I didn't have to pay for it!!

On Sunday Liesel left for the first service, as she was on duty in the nursery today. SO I had both boys with me and I got them dressed and ready for the second service of our church. After checking the boys in at their respective rooms, I went into the service and found my good friend Ian, to sit with. The worship was again, outstanding and I really enjoyed the message about how Christianity stands out from every other religion out there!

Afterwards I picked the boys up and headed home, and Liesel joined us a few minutes later, and we had lunch! Afterward I got to chat to my family, and friend, Ryan in South Africa - which was great! Later that afternoon - I had to fire up the trusty lawnmower and get the grass looking neat again, before getting the boys bathed. Once Josh was in bed, the rest of us reclined in the lounge (living room) and enjoyed some quality US Open tennis that Liesel had recorded earlier. Liesel has single handedly converted Nathan into a tennis fan and has him cheering for her favorite players!

No comments: