Sunday, September 06, 2009

Another short week ahead :)

       

The photo on the right shows Nathan covering his face in the bottom right corner, as the bucket empties over a 1000 gallons (3780 liters) of water out a few feet in front on him!

Last week, our family went on its first ever vacation (with just the four of us) to Great Wolf Lodge in Sandusky, Ohio! It was a wonderful getaway, with Nathan and myself spending many hours in the waterpark, Liesel enjoying some much needed peace and quiet as she relaxed while Josh took his naps, and Josh, well, just being Josh! We returned to our home on Tuesday afternoon, and we were soon back into our old routines. The weather of late has been absolutely stunning. You can see why this is Liesel's favorite time of the year, as the temps hover in the mid 20's C (or upper 70's F). The days are mostly sunny with a gentle breeze occasionally passing by.

I have said it before, Clevelander's know that when the weather is this good, you need to take full advantage of it! So most evenings we have dinner outside on the patio, and often fire up the grill to serve hamburgers, chicken breasts, and sometimes even salmon! It's sad to think that in a couple of months's time we will most likely be getting our first snowfall of season :(

On Friday evening, I made my own Nando's burger for dinner, as I had grilled chciken breasts for us. I placed my chicken on a bun, added some cheese, and then some Nando's Mild Peri Peri sauce that was sent to us a while back from South Africa! It was good, and brought back fond memories of our favorite South African Fast Food! Afterward, Liesel and I took the boys out for ice cream at our favorite ice cream place, Mitchell's. Josh didn't get to have any ice cream, but his family loved their decadent desserts!

On Saturday, we did a few chores around the house, and then went shopping for a few hardware items that we needed. We all jumped into the car and headed to a couple of stores and got what we wanted. Liesel found a lavender plant that she has been looking for, and planted in the garden later that day. I bought a couple of paintbrushes so that I could finish off my DIY project, sanding down and painting our porch railings. Nathan was my assistant sander later that afternoon. That evening was Nathan's fmaily fun night and his choice was to play my new Wii game, Wii Sports Resort. It was a lot of fun, having all three of compete at jet skiing, archery, basketball, frisbee golf and 100 pin bowling!

On Sunday, I had to be at church, even earlier than before, 7:30am, since we were moving the times of our services forward by half an hour! It was a great service and I loved that songs that we played! Nothing better than singing the Doxology to a pipe organ, then going straight into Third Day's version of Agnus Dei (click to see their version)!
We had a low key afternoon and went for a walk/ride around the neighborhood (Liesel walked with Josh, and Nathan and I rode our bikes). We got outside just in time to see the US Army Thunderbirds flying in formation over our house as they headed to the annual Cleveland Air Show! AWESOME! We got home and again enjoyed dinner outside on the patio. After dinner, we got Josh ready for bed, and then I headed outside in the beautiful evening air and mowed the yard.

The boys in the backyard (please excuse Josh's post dinner face!)

Afterward I came inside, and found Liesel and Nathan watching the US Open. Nathan is at such a cute age, where he asks intelligent questions like, who is the player in the pink, and who is in the red? Who is your favorite player? When Liesel told him that Kim Clijsters is her favorite, he started cheering for her in her game against Venus Williams, shouting "YES!" everytime she delivered her notorious forehand which could not be returned by Venus. Then when she hit the ball into the net he would pipe up, "Oh man!". That was great having him watch the third set with us!!

On Monday, we celebrate Labor Day here in the USA, so I get to spend some more quality time with my family and enjoy the weather while I can!

No comments: