Sunday, September 27, 2009

Rain then a symphony of sunshine!

It's another week closer to winter, since Fall officially reported for duty earlier this week! We've been having great Fall weather, and we just love falling asleep with the windows open, hearing the night sounds and feeling the gentle breeze.

On Friday evening, it was Nathan's family fun night choice, and he wanted to go eat at his favorite restaurant, Moe's (which happens to be one of our favorites too.) Nathan always power's through his kiddie's meal (cheese quesadilla) because there is a chocolate chip cookie waiting for him once he finishes the quesadilla.

Saturday morning, the heavens opened, and we enjoyed a shower that lasted most of the day! This meant that my lawn mowing that was planned had to be postponed.... which was not necessarily a bad thing. It was was mom's birthday, so we sang "Happy Birthday" to her via the technology of Skype, which she appreciated! Afterward Liesel took Nathan with her to do some shopping for winter jackets, and I kept Josh with me at home. It was great timing, since it was Josh's nap time, so I had a couple of hours to myself. This was the perfect opportunity for me to get some practice on my Wii. That evening, we had some friends over for dinner, and we all had a great time, laughing, watching football, eating, and then burning calories playing Wii!

On Sunday, I was up before the sun rose, because I was playing in the worship team and had to be at church at 7:30! The service was probably my favorite of the year, as we did a song that included the Providence Choir and Orchestra. Our orchestra consisted of a full brass, wind, strings and percussion sections. So you can imagine how awesome the song sounded with a twenty voice choir, full orchestra, worship band and an amazing lead singer who hit the high notes perfectly! Liesel said she got goosebumps, and she wasn't the only one! The message that Pastor Jim brought also hit home - so all in all - a great service! The weather today was absolutely stunning, with sunny skies and a slight breeze. I got to mow my lawn eventually. Liesel set off for a hair appointment in the evening, and then after supper took Josh for a stroll around the neighborhood, while I finished off some work in the yard. After getting the boys bathed and into bed, we finally got to sit down together and enjoy the premiere episode of the fifteenth season of the Amazing Race!

I am now ready to face the work week ahead :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This little Josh gets more and more & cute each time I see a photie of him. I am so glad you are all so happy. The emigration bug hit me hard a month or so ago. There was so much Violent crime within a 20km radius of home and I mean Violent. I checked out New Zealand - booked for a seminar. Did a points check and we would make it. But the thought of moving away from our support system was too much. I also got a few verses around the same time, that gave me absolute peace about staying put. Take care my friend send loads of love to your wife(whom I owe an e mail) and cuddles for the boys. Janine