Sunday, October 14, 2007

Pumpkins, playgrounds and pruning

Finally, the time has come for my old Sony camera to be replaced. I think I found a worthy replacement, namely the Sony DSC-T200! It is obviously an upgrade from my last 7 year old camera, but I could see this lasting another 7 years for me! And of course, now I can add photos to my blogs again! Life is worth living again! :P

The weather was considerably cooler than last week as a cold front crawled over Cleveland, but it was still good enough to go our local nursery for their annual Fall/Halloween/Pumpkin festival! The nursery had numerous jumping castles, a haystack complete with tunnels, swings, slides, place to paint and color in, and most importantly, the hayride! Nathan went back and forth between the swings and the tunnels, until the tractor started up! It was time for Nath's hayride. Judging by Nathan's excitement, there may be a good chance that he grows up to be a farmer, just so that he could ride on a tractor everyday! Maybe I should by a ride on mower, then I get my lawn mowed everyday, and he gets a kick out of riding a tractor. To me that's a win - win situation!! Somehow, I don't think Liesel will see it the same way ;-)


That afternoon, after finally managing to drag Nathan away from his beloved tractor, I mowed the lawn again. This time, however, I had no perspiration dripping from my brow, or any other body part, since the temperature was a third of what it was last week! After mowing into the twilight, we headed out to our local Red Robin restaurant, where we all had a great dinner! My grilled salmon burger was awesome! It was the perfect way to end a great fall day!

On Sunday, I was up early again, and heading to church while the sun was rousing from it's slumber. We had a great couple of services again, and playing in the band is so rewarding! Later, after Nathan awoke from his daily nap, we took him to a playground. It had been a while since we had all gone to a playground together, and Nathan's excitement was evident! It is such a warm, satisfying feeling, seeing your son run around the playground equipment deliriously happy, without a care in the world! Yes, God has blessed us and life is good!

No comments: