Sunday, May 20, 2012

Welcome home Summer!

Wow! What a week! It all started with me flying to Google's office in Chicago on Monday, for a two day workshop with the government, our largest customer. From Monday to Wednesday, I spent over 30 hours working in the Google office, so no sight-seeing this time around. I did manage to get this photo on my way from the train to the office.
On Wednesday, after a day of meetings, I headed back to the airport and flew back to Cleveland, arriving around 10pm!

When I came back, the weather welcomed me with wonderfully warm days. The temperatures climbed into the the mid-eighties (30+ C), and on Friday it was time to go into the basement, and emerge with our above-ground swimming pool! Nathan and Josh were very eager to help out, which made the job a little easier. We quickly had the frame set up and soon had water flowing into the pool :)

On Saturday, another beautiful day, I spent the afternoon with my band, The Remnant, as we had been hired to play at a retirement party. We got to the venue at 11:30 and set up our equipment and ran through a sound check. Later that afternoon, we hit the stage, and everyone seemed to have a great time! Mission accomplished!

By 6:15pm I was back at home and in time to jump in the pool with my boys! We had a blast in the icy water. The 86 degree (30C) weather helped keep our minds off the cooler liquid!
On Sunday, the family and I headed to Church. By the time we got home, the temperature had already risen into the eighties (27C+), which meant it was pool time again. The boys played in the pool before lunch. Today, both Lunch and Dinner were enjoyed outside on the patio! After dinner, we stopped at the boys' favorite dessert place, Menchies for some delicious FroYo. We love this time of the year! Can you tell?

No comments: