Sunday, May 06, 2012

Spring = Spring Cleaning

We have been blessed to have beautiful weather again here in North East Ohio! Nathan has been going to school in shorts and t-shirts as the skies have been mostly blue and sunny of late. No complaints as we have our windows open day and night. In fact, last week we had a couple of days that were in the upper 80s (30C+), which forced us to turn the air conditioning on to cool the house down!

On Saturday morning, I headed off for a two and a half hour band practice. Afterward, I stopped at a home improvement store, and bought myself a hedge trimmer. We have a number of overgrown bushes and shrubs around our house that need to be tamed. A few minutes after firing up the trimmer, I had a professionally-finished, neat-looking bush! I can't ever remember having so much with a power tool before! So I went and gave the other bushes a makeover in about 15 minutes! To tidy up, I offered Nathan and two of his friends a couple of dollars to put the branches and leaves in to some garden refuse bags!

Then came Sunday - the day that changed the garage forever! As part of the Spring Cleaning program that Liesel is sticking to, it was time to go through the garage. Liesel, Nathan and I took everything out the garage. Then we attacked the shelves, throwing away the stuff that will never be used, reducing clutter and bringing some form of organization back to the garage! With that done, my next job was to wash out the garage with my pressure washer. This is another power tool that I love, as you can immediately see the difference as you spray the high pressured water onto the concrete floor, instantly lifting up the set-in dust and grime! The result looked as follows:
But wait, there's more!! Not satisfied with the current (lack of) storage options, we headed back to the home improvement store and bought a variety of storage hooks that I secured into the wall. Now each power tool has it's own hanging space, the winter sleds have a place of their own, and there are some bonus hooks for electric cords, folding chairs and leaf blower accessories! 
While we were at the home improvement store, Liesel also bought our first batch of vegetables that she planted in the vegetable garden that Nathan and I made for her a while back! 

So all in all, we had a pretty productive weekend! We love Spring!

No comments: