Sunday, September 25, 2011

Flights, Fall and some Pro Football

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

One of the reasons I love my job, is that I get to go to some wonderful new places. On Wednesday, I boarded a flight to Halifax, Nova Scotia! This was my first trip to Canada, and although I only spent 20 hours in the neighboring country, I had a really good time in this beautiful city. After finishing up with the customer on Thursday, I had a couple hours to explore the Halifax waterfront, before catching my flight back to the USA. Below are some of the photos I took...

On Saturday, our family headed out on our annual Apple Picking excursion. Last year, we took Liesel's parents with us, and it was nearer the end of the season. At that time, most of the best apples had been picked and a few trees had some prize apples hidden in the upper branches. However, this Saturday was still very early in the season, and most trees had so many apples that their branches were hanging on the ground! Nathan and Josh had a great time, picking, sampling and throwing some apples! The highlight for Josh was visiting the farm animals, which included a couple of donkeys, goats, turkeys, pigs and rabbits!

On Sunday, a friend invited me to the Cleveland Browns football game! While Liesel and the boys headed to church, I was on my way to the Browns Stadium on the Lake Erie shore. The game was very tense as the home team was down 10-16 with a minute left in the game. The Browns took a slight gamble, which worked out for them and they managed to score the winning touchdown with 43 seconds left on the clock, making the final score-line 17-16! Very close indeed, but Cleveland are known for these close games.....
When I got home that evening, Nathan and I headed outside to play our variation of football in the front yard. The weather was absolutely stunning for a late September day, with temperatures in the mid 70s (25C). Great way to end off the weekend :)

Finally, I wanted to share an update on my father:
This Thursday, instead of operating on him, they life-flighted him back to his home-city of Cape Town. His doctors reviewed his condition and do not feel it is necessary to operate at this time, and that surgery should only be the last resort. He underwent more tests and was awaiting the results when I spoke to him on Saturday. We are still praying for a miracle and that medication will be able to eradicate the tumor. Please keep on praying with us. Thank you.

No comments: