Monday, September 13, 2010

The end of Summer

On Saturday, our greatest summer companion, the pool, was finally taken down. A decision like this is never taken lightly, as a friend of ours remarked that when we take down our pool, it means the summer is officially over. So after studying the 10 day weather forecast and assessing the falling leaves, we decided it was time to pack up our friend, and store it safely till next summer! This was no easy task! It took the better part of the day to drain it, even with my "MacGyver-like" idea of connecting the outlet pipe to the filter, which in turn provided a bit if pressure for my sprinkler. By the time we got most of the water was out, the heavens opened up!! Luckily it was soon time for dinner, so I could dry myself up a bit. Following our meal, it was Nathan's family fun night choice, and he chose to go out for frozen yogurts - which turned out to be delicious, and healthy!

Then came Sunday - which had me sitting down in an airplane seat for 5 hours straight, while flying to California. As soon as I had my rental car, I drove down to Fisherman's Wharf and spent the next 5 hours on my feet, exploring the area, and walking up and down the cell-blocks of Alcatraz prison! It was the first time that I had been to Alcatraz, and it was a great experience! Look at the photos below to get an idea of what life was like on the rock!

No comments: