Sunday, August 15, 2010

Rollercoaster Rides, Bike Rides, Rhythm and lots of running

It has been another weekend in a toaster oven! At 8:30pm tonight, the temperature outside was still 90 degrees (32C)!

On Saturday, Liesel and I took the boys back to the Memphis Kiddie Park. It has been a year since we last visited this theme park that caters mainly for young children. Last time, Josh was only able to ride the train, with his grandmother. This time, however, we tried him on a few other rides. Did he enjoy it?? I guess we will never know with his expressionless face!! My youngest will make a great poker player one day. Nathan, on the other hand, had a great time and went on most of the rides. His favorite was still the rollercoaster, which he went on once with Liesel, and another time with me! A little more than an hour later, we had run out of tickets and made our way back home.



Later that evening, Nathan's family fun choice was to go for a bike ride, and then have some of our favorite ice cream at Mitchell's. Because it was drizzling when we left the house, we decided to stop to get ice cream first. Imagine our disappointment, when we found out that they recently changed their frozen yogurt recipes, which now all include eggs! Since Josh has an egg allergy, he always used to enjoy their chocolate frozen yogurt, but now that is no longer an option. So we left the shop dejected, and went on to our bike ride. Once home, we raided the freezer and had our share of ice cream, and Josh could enjoy some egg-free Chocolate Ice Cream!

On Sunday morning, I was honored to be part of the worship team and enjoyed serving with the other talented musicians. That afternoon, I headed down to the fields in Bay Village, for my weekly Ultimate Frisbee game. I think it was the hottest that I have ever played in, and had a continual flow of perspiration streaming off my head. Despite the oppressive heat, it was still good, especially since I get to utilize some of my volleyball skills in the various games! While I was sweating it out, Liesel also had her fair share of exercise, as she pushed Josh around the block in his little car, and then played Lifeguard as the she and the two boys cooled down in the pool! You have got to love the Summertime!

No comments: