Sunday, August 08, 2010

The blog from experience

As I mentioned last week, I celebrated my birthday today, so am now much wiser :P It was a good weekend with wonderful weather!

On Friday evening, it was Nathan's chance to choose setermine the activity for family fun night. After a few suggestions from his mom, he decided on going to Crocker Park to play in the water jets, since it was close to 90F/33C. Unfortunately when we got there, we saw that a platform had been constructed above it, from which a band was blasting their ballads. We walked around a bit before spending some time in Barnes & Noble for Nathan and Josh to play on the train set.



On Saturday, Liesel and Nathan went on a quest to find my birthday gifts, leaving Josh and I to play. We played inside and outside, upstairs and downstairs, and there was no wearing this little guy down. He even pushed his toy lawnmower half way around our block! Liesel and Nathan arrived home in time for lunch and the it was finally nap time :) After Josh woke from his nap, Nathan Josh and I spent some time in the pool and played some more outside. It was then dinner time for the boys because we were having friends over a bit later for a "grown ups" dinner. The Bosley's arrived shortly afterward, and I fired up my grill. Soon we had an elaborate spread of food to dine on! After we put the boys to bed, Liesel pulled out the dessert. It has become my favorite dessert of all time, ad it's decadent! It consists of a choc chip cookie dough base, then a layer of choc chip cookie dough ice cream. This is topped with Cookie Crisp cereal (miniature Choc chip cookies) and finally covered with a hot fudge chocolate sauce! This kept us going strong during a good game of Scrabble, that yours truly won! We had a great time eating, talking and plenty of laughing!

On Sunday morning, I came downstairs and Nathan treated me to his special rendition of Happy Birthday. It was then time for gifts, and I was thoroughly spoiled by family and extended family. The Bosley's had given me an Official size and weight Frisbee, for my new competitive sport, Ultimate Frisbee. My family gave me some clothing for work and a beautiful new backpack for my computer. My mom had sent me some delicious South African chocolates that had unfortunately met with the AMerican summer heat, but that will not stop their consumption. I also received some iTunes gift cards, a golf shirt for work and money from Liesel's side of the family. I was really blessed.

This afternoon, I headed down to Bay Village to get my weekly fix of Ultimate Frisbee. We played a couple of games, and we lost one and won the other! It's a great workout, and the challenge is to keep up with the teenagers and college kids that make up the majority of the players! It was great to have Liesel and the boys come and cheer me on again. They are my inspiration, and I can proudly say that I represented the thirty-somethings age group well!

No comments: