Sunday, November 08, 2009

Weekend workout

As I type this blog, I can hear my muscles protesting about what I put them through this weekend! The weather this weekend was at the polar opposite of what we had to endure last weekend! Beautiful sunny and warm days (very rare in November) were served to us, and we took full advantage of this anomaly.

On Friday evening, Nathan decided that he wanted to go have dinner at Max & Erma's for his family fun night. So I met up with Liesel and the boys there on my way home from work. The best part of the meal was the steaming hot chocolate chip cookies that were delivered on a baking tray at the end of the meal!

The real workout began on Saturday. I took Nathan and Josh with me to Home Depot to purchase a rake. We headed home and I put Josh into his stroller and positioned him in our front yard overlooking the ever-increasing collection of leaves on our lawn. Nathan and I then proceeded to rake up the fallen foliage into a heap by the curb. After about 15 minutes, Josh was quickly reaching his "nap by:" date and Nathan's interest in raking had waned, I took the boys inside and put Josh down for his nap. Liesel and Nathan started preparing that evening's dinner, while I grabbed a tin of paint and put the final coat of paint on our wrap around porch railings. That took me to 5pm when it was time to bath the boys as we were expecting friends over for dinner at 6pm. Our friends then joined us for a lovely evening, eating Liesel's homemade pizzas and topping that off with her double chocolate chip cookies (also straight out of the oven!) The rest of the evening was spent in front of the TV as my friend/Wii nemesis battled it out for first place in a number of different events :)

Liesel was on nursery duty on Sunday so she left for church early, giving me full custody of the boys. The boys and I got to church on time, and after dropping them off in the child care wing, I could sit back and enjoy the service. When we got home it was lunch time. Afterwards, Liesel and Josh settled down for their nap, and Nathan and I headed back out to the yard. We (98% me, 2% Nathan) turned the soil in one bed for Liesel to plant some bulbs, turned my compost heap, and finished raking the front lawn. A bit later when everyone was up, we went for a walk around the neighborhood because the weather was still enjoyable. This was the first time we put Josh and Nathan in the red wagon together (which I pulled), and the brothers seemed very happy with their close fellowship. Once home, I fired up my grill to cook us some chicken kebabs for dinner. That was a great way to close out this weekend, and celebrate the weather that accompanied it!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: