Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fall fun and then not-so-fun

Fall has definitely secured its place here in North East Ohio! Temperatures have dropped, and the leaves are a kaleidoscope of beautiful colors. On Saturday, Nathan's school had their annual Fall Fun Festival. We arrived just after 10am, and headed inside. The teachers each manned a different activity and had the kids lining up to participate! Nath had a great time and collected many prizes.

Afterwards, I took Joshua home to have lunch while Liesel and Nathan went shopping. In the afternoon, Nathan was playing with his train set, and Josh found this quiteamusing. So, of course, Nathan starts to exaggerate everything, and this just cracked Josh up! Hearing him laughing that hard at his brother was so special!



That evening was Liesel's turn to decide the family fun night activity. She decided on a pleasant stroll/ride around the neighborhood. She pushed Josh in his stroller, while Nathan and I followed on our bikes. The evening was perfect, not too cold, with the sun shining and no breeze to speak of. An evening this nice needed to have something extra special to end it, so we headed to Mitchell's ice cream for our favorite dessert! FUN DAY!

On Sunday, Liesel had to leave early and go to church as she was on duty in the nursery for both services. I had the boys, and when Josh didn't settle down for his first nap until 10am, it meant we weren't going to be making the 10:30 service. That afternoon, I pulled out my mower and ventured out in the 50 degree (10C) weather to cut my grass. Mowing in itself is not enjoyable, so think how much fun I had, mowing in the cold weather. To make matters worse, the ground is so saturated from the recent rains, that it felt like I was mowing a swamp! NOT SO FUN!
At 4pm, Nathan headed out to a classmates birthday party, and we picked him up again at 6pm. Then it was bath time for the boys followed soon by bed time. Finally some time to put our feet up and relax.......



(Most of this blog was done on my iPhone, while watching the Amazing Race. I love my phone!)

No comments: