Sunday, March 01, 2009

Winter workout

Our week was definitely one of our more laid back ones. On Monday, Nathan was diagnosed with Strep throat, and had to give school a miss on Tuesday. Monday was also Nathan's Opa's 60th birthday!! To celebrate on this side of the Atlantic, Liesel and Nathan baked her dad a delicious chocolate cake! Too bad he wasn't here to enjoy it with us, but Nathan, Liesel and myself didn't mind devouring it on his behalf!! So that set the tone for the rest of the week and the weekend.

On Saturday, I helped a friend move from an apartment to their first house. Later Nathan and I took them some cookies that Nathan and Liesel baked earlier that day, to enjoy, because we know how much sweat and hard labor goes into a move like that :)

The rest of the weekend entailed indoor activities due to the freezing weather outside. A lot of Wii and Wii Fit was played - much to Nathan's delight. However, one of the more unpopular rituals bundled with the Wii Fit, is the weigh in. Let's just say that the Wii Fit convinced me that I needed to do something about my increasing BMI, pushing me to upper limits of "Normal". So today actually got off my backside and I donned some winter exercise gear, and ventured into the 5F (-15C) weather!! I completed one lap of my neighborhood road (about 0.6 miles/1km) in 6 minutes. But it did take me over an hour to recover :P Hopefully the more frequently I do that, the shorter my recovery time will be! Now if only I can find the motivation to do that again..... and again and again!

No comments: