Sunday, March 08, 2009

Floodgates of heaven!!!




First of all, I do apologize for this delayed posting. Due to circumstances beyond my control, the hours flew by, without pausing for me to catch up with my weekly blogging tasks. Well, we did in fact actually lose one hour on Sunday morning at 2am as Daylight savings here in the USA officially took effect!

The weekend craziness began on Thursday night when we were invited to Nathan's school to view his artwork. The school had a Circus theme for the children and they were very proud to show us their many creative masterpieces! Have a look at this hat and T-shirt that Nathan made!


On Friday night, we had our friends, Ian and Renae, over for dinner. They have just moved into their first house down the road from us! We had a great time together, eating, playing Wii and sharing hilarious stories from our pasts. During the laughter, we discovered that we have so much in common with them, even though we originated from two different continents! Here is Ian doing his best at the Ski Jump.....


Saturday was also hectic, and rainy! In the morning, Liesel and Nathan did their regular Library Pilgrimage. Then after lunch I headed to my local Honda dealership to see what they had to offer me, as my current lease is expiring soon. After test driving the CR-V and Accord, they were hungry to get my signature, and a deposit from me. It almost seemed desperate, and turned me off - so I quickly made up an excuse and hot-footed it out of there! I got home to find the rest of the family playing outside on the driveway. Nathan was showing us his amazing spelling skill, and wrote the following on our driveway, without any help from us: Sam, Max, Owen (his 3 friends), ice, God, cat, dog, mom, dad and Nathan McC! He is amazing and often surprises us with his brilliance!

That evening, after bathing the boys I headed to our church's Annual Big DAWG event! This is an evening for men to test their skills against one another in a variety of pre-determined events. These scores are then added up to get the top 16, and then finally the TOP DAWG is determined by a knockout competition! Some of the events included tossing a football through a tire (tyre), shooting baskets on a full sized basketball hoop, corn hole, Wii golf, billards, bean bag toss, a memory game and a dinosaur puzzle! I, unfortunately, did not make the finals, and I blame my childhood in South Africa, that sheltered me from the US sports of basketball and football! But I am proud to announce I was the highest finishing (read 'only') South African male that evening :)

On Sunday our pastor shared a miraculous story of God's provision for us, even in these tough economic times! He said that during that week, checks (cheques) totaling around $850 000 were received by the church, to pay off the outstanding mortgage! God is truly incredible if you think that our church is now debt-free in 2009, the most difficult financial year in recent history! God is good!

More rain fell through the day, and our creek just behind our back yard rose significantly. It was rather nerve-wracking watching this deluge of water pass by within feet of our yard! But I am happy to report that the water levels have fallen back down to its normal levels :)

No comments: