Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day x2!!

Firstly, I want to wish all the father's who read this, a happy (but belated) Father's Day! Today in our prayer meeting before church, Mike, our drummer, reminded us what a privilege it is to be a father! I have been so blessed to have the support of Liesel, while being a father, to an amazing little guy, Nathan! Between the two of them - my role as father has been very easy and I thank God for the two of them in my life!
This Father's day weekend, which started on Thursday for me was an extra special one! Thursday was the day that Liesel and I got to see and hear our 13 week old creation at the Ultrasound appointment! We had an appointment with an ex-South African doctor - who spent an hour with us and showing us some great shots of the first McCarthy who will become a US Citizen! We had good conversation with the ex-pat Dr and we were even reminiscing about the foods in SA that we miss. He told us that he still has ProNutro, Tiger Oats, and South African chocolate which he orders over the Internet . But most importantly he told us that everything about the baby looked normal! Praise God! So without further ado, I present Junior to you!



As you may tell we are very excited about this new life that has been given to us, so please pray for us as we prepare our lives for the new addition!

On Saturday, Avon held it's annual Duct Tape Festival Parade. Yes, you don't need to re-read the last sentence - I did say Duct Tape Festival! This is the only place in the world where a weekend is set aside to celebrate the silver, multi-surface attaching, strong and versatile tape! So at 9:30 we went to get a good vantage point to watch the parade come by. Nathan absolutely loved the police cars, ambulances, and fire trucks that went past us with sirens wailing and lights flashing! The other floats were also quite impressive bearing in mind that they were made out of Duct tape! Our church also had a float of a pirate ship in the parade - advertising the children's Vacation bible school them of the VeggieTales: The Pirates who didn't do anything!

Nathan was a little disappointed once everything had past us. He wanted to go back to the parade that evening or the next day! With that, we headed back home for lunch and some family golf on the Wii! Nathan's skills are becoming fine tuned now and he is regularly beating us at golf - and even scored a 195 in the (ten-pin) bowling game!!
The rest of the day was spent in the garden with Liesel and myself doing some gardening and tag teaming to push Nathan on his swing!

On Sunday - Nathan and Liesel gave me some very thoughtful Father's Day gifts, which I really appreciated! I got a Fender Guitar Cleaning kit as well as a DVD of one of the funniest men I have heard, Brian Regan - who I believe is a Christian! Right after opening my gifts - I had to pack my guitar into my car and head for Church for Worship practice! Today I would also be making my vocal debut at Providence, as I was singing lead for Blessed be your Name. A number of people enjoyed hearing the accent :-)

For lunch, Liesel made a roast chicken for me - and then later we all went out to have some Ice Cream and a local Ice Cream shop called Whistler's! It was decadent and Nathan kept on repeating how much he loved ice cream!



To finish the day it off - we drove down to Lake Erie where the life guards were on duty as people were swimming in the 33C (91F) heat. We, unfortunately, weren't in our bathing suits - so we just had a walk on the beach and soaked up a few rays! And that was my Father's Day weekend - 2008!

1 comment:

Angie said...

COngratulations!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!