Sunday, May 18, 2008

Lot's of digging, dirt and a date!

After a cooler than average week, it seemed to be the perfect weather to do some much needed gardening. It seems that all the houses in our neighborhood had the same landscaper, which means that there is not much variety or color in the plants and bushes of each yard. Given that it is is now Spring time in Ohio, we feel it is our duty to provide our neighborhood with color. So Part I of our color revival project got underway. It involved me digging up an entire bed of about 7 established bushes located in the front yard, and transplanting them in the back. I managed to dig up 5 of the bushes so far, and placed some strategically around our air conditioner unit. It was gloriously muddy, and not for the faint-hearted! :-) Below are a before and an after shot of the bed that we are working on!

Part II and III of the project involve buying some roses and other colorful flowers and placing them where the bushes once stood. That is scheduled sometime in the near future!

At least my manual labor was not in vain as at 2pm I went indoors, got cleaned up, and waited for Nathan's babysitter! When she arrived, Liesel and I headed off to watch a movie that she has been longing to see, Made of Honor. I must say that I enjoyed the movie, although I was slightly concerned that I was the only male in the movie theater. But luckily, one other sucker, I mean, gentleman, showed up with his date.

We returned to relieve the babysitter later that afternoon, and we then had a nice quiet evening at home.

On Sunday, I was up again just after 6 as I was playing at Church again. We had another enjoyable and God-glorifying set. That afternoon, Liesel and I caught up with most of our overseas family, and then headed to our Bible Study group for our penultimate gathering before the summer break. And thus endeth the weekend!!! Next weekend we plan to be getting together with some old friends from South Africa!!

No comments: