Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

First of all, I need to wish my wife and mother of Nathan, a happy Mother's Day!!! Also, although my mom is away on holiday and will probably not read my blog this week, happy Mother's Day ma!!! And a Happy Mother's Day to Gabi, in Botswana! We miss you both and wish you were here so that we could spoil you in person!

This weekend was all about working hard and playing hard! I decided that instead of buying a bunch of flowers for Liesel for Mother's Day, we should rather go to the nursery and pick out a variety of different flowers which Nathan and myself would plant for her, and that way, be a longer lasting Mother's Day gift! So after cleaning the house, we drove to a couple of nurseries, so that Liesel could pick out the flowers she wanted! Then, later that day, Nathan and myself, did all the required manual labor which resulted in 2 flower boxes and 2 flower pots! The weather on Saturday was perfect for working outside. The skies were sunny, but the temperature didn't rise much above 20C/67F! Nathan absolutely loves being outside and helping wherever he can. He is especially fond of watering the flowers with the hose (and anything within the general area - parents included)!

That evening, it was my turn to get out and have some fun. Our church was hosting an Amazing Race competition. There were 7 teams that entered, and I partnered up with Ron, a fellow worship team musician. The games was as close to the real thing as you could get in Ohio, with Roadblocks, Detours etc. At one roadblock, Ron and I were forced to drink an entire two liter bottle of warm Coke before we could obtain our next clue. Ron was the real hero as he drank 2/3's of the bottle in the same amount of time in took me to drink 1/3. Needless to say neither of us got to bed early that night....... After incurring 10 minute penalties at the baseball field, running through Crocker Park (our local shopping District), searching for clues at the Rec center, buying a specific comic book from the local comic book store and numerous other challenges, Ron and I finished proudly in 5th place. We didn't realize the competition was that good, but we had great fun! Also the Amazing Race was excellently organized and was an absolute pleasure to be a part of. Sign me up for next year's Race!


On Mother's Day we went to church as per normal, and afterwards went and had lunch at Max and Erma's (a restaurant - not a couple in the church :P ) It was delicious and the best part of it is they bring you steaming hot chocolate chip cookies straight out of the oven for dessert! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I guess that means I have to put in some overtime in at the gym to make up for the weekend :-)

No comments: