Monday, April 14, 2008

sNOw way!

As I have mentioned in many earlier posts, the weather in Cleveland is unique! Yesterday afternoon, as I was watching the Indians baseball game (seems like I am converting to a true American!), Liesel and Nathan shouted it is snowing outside. And sure enough, it was! There were huge snow flakes falling to the ground! When I turned back to watch the game (which was being played in downtown Cleveland), you could clearly see the snow blowing around the baseball stadium! I did not envy those players at all! I should not be surprised at all about the snow, because last year we had a huge snowfall around Easter - which was also in April! However, the snow this time around was very short-lived, as it disintegrated upon contact with the ground - due to the ground and air-temperature being warm-ish.

This weekend was a very quiet and relaxing one. Nathan had picked up a cough, so we tried to keep him indoors as much as possible! But we started the weekend by making use of our recently purchased grill! Liesel had marinaded some chicken pieces and I got to fire up my grill for our first ever, self-initiated barbecue (braai)! The chicken was cooked in about 40 minutes and then devoured in 5! But it was good tasting some fire-cooked meat again!

Saturday was another lazy day for us. We spent most of the day doing washing and cleaning the house. It was just after our bed's sheets were washed, and the bed was loving made by yours truly, when Nathan had a coughing spell. Unfortunately, he was sitting on our bed when the spell started, which then turned into a major lunch expulsion event. The poor guy threw up on himself, his soft toy animals, the bed, the pillows, Liesel, myself, the carpet and then the bathroom floor :( It was not pretty! Thankfully he was fine after that, but Liesel quickly went into damage control mode, while I evaculated Nathan to the safety of his bedroom....

Once life seemed to have a hint or normality again, Liesel and I could lie back and watch a DVD together.

On Sunday, I had a good chat with my sister, whose youngest son turned 3 on Friday! She was also very happy to report that her husband was doing very well and was not suffering from any of the side-effects of Chemotherapy. We also got a lovely surprise visit from one of our friends that afternoon. Her and Liesel had a good time together, while I made sure Nathan wasn't destroying the house, at the same time as keeping one eye on the baseball game!

And that friends, neighbors and countrymen, was our quiet and uneventful weekend! I have one more week of class left on Java before heading into a 8 day period of testing! So I should soon be set free into the real (business) world again with my newly developed skills! Until next week................

No comments: