Sunday, April 27, 2008

Blossoms, bunnies, beaches and basking!

Spring is still definitely hanging around North East Ohio! But we have learned to never take the good weather for granted! A cold front is headed our way, and some forecasters have not ruled out the possibility of a little snow! So that is why we made the most of the glorious weather! On Friday evening Nathan and myself headed for our local Home Depot and bought some things for the lawn. When we got home, I immediately fired up our grill and barbecued us some delicious bratwurst sausages for dinner. These are the closest things you can get to boerewors here, other than making it yourself! And the taste was pretty darn close to the original South African version in my opinion. Oh yes..... the lawn also received its first mow of the season...... sigh!

On Saturday, it was another glorious day, and Nathan and I spent most of the morning in the yard! Firstly, I spread some fertilizer over the the lawn. Then Nathan and I got to work loosening the soil in some bare patches on the lawn, as we prepared it for some patching up! That was about the time we stumbled upon a couple of baby rabbits who had made a home for themselves under one of our trees! They are the cutest creatures, and tame enough to allow Nathan and myself to stroke them! This was Nathan's highlight of the weekend! He even had to fetch Liesel so he could show her the bunnies :-)

Later that afternoon, after a poor attempt at enforcing a siesta, I took Nathan to a playground, and then drove to Huntington Beach. It was great to get down onto the sand again and look out across the blue waters reflecting the cloudless sky! We could even see the Goodyear blimp hovering over Cleveland's baseball stadium.

Sunday had me up early so that I could get to church by 7:45 for band practice. Later on that day, Nathan and I headed outdoors to water our "patched-up" grass, and then went looking for our furry little friends. We couldn't find them anywhere, so I hope that nothing happened to them overnight :( However, the weather was still near perfect - so we got some games out and were playing some "golf" in our back yard. After a tiring round, Nathan thought it was time to put his feet up and have a drink alongside his mom - who was also soaking up the sunshine!

No comments: