Sunday, February 03, 2008

Family, Ferris wheels and Football!

Firstly, I want to thank you for your prayers for my brother-in-law, Roy, over the past two weeks. He had a very successful operation, and the doctors are very confident that they have removed all of the growth, and that Roy will not even need any chemotherapy! He is now recovering at home.

This week, we were very blessed to have Liesel's parent's come and stay with us, after a short preaching stint in Atlanta. Nathan was so excited to see them at the airport and couldn't wait to show off his house to his grandparents. From that moment on, he has loved having them around as they are his favorite playmates. Everyday he asks them to come and play with him down in the basement. Liesel still managed to find some time for a few excursions. On one of the warmer days, they went to the lake, and could see some ice floating in the frigid waters.

On Thursday, Nathan could show off his musical abilities as Norman and Gabi accompanied him to Kindermusik. Friday's itinerary included a trip to Malley's, a local chocolate factory! I, unfortunately, was not able to join them for this or any other outing, due to the fact that my butt is required in the Java Course, which is going well!

On Saturday, I could finally join everyone, and we headed for the Cleveland Home and Garden Show. It is an annual event that takes place in a HUGE indoor center. This place even has a fully operational ferris wheel in the center of it, that extends through the roof (but still covered with glass). This was Nathan's highlight as he went on it with his grandparents and myself! It is really enjoyable, because as you head up through the roof, you look out across the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, and can see planes taking off and landing!

Today it was a pleasure to take Liesel's parents to our church. I was playing on the the worship team again, and had a really enjoyable worship set. We came home to a great traditional Sunday Roast (thanks Lee).

We have now just finished watching the most watched event on American TV, the NFL Superbowl! It was an awesome game, and I know my fellow course-goers from Albany, NY will be ecstatic tomorrow!

Unfortunately, the McCarthy family will not be as happy tomorrow as we bid our farewell's to Liesel's parents. They will be heading back to Atlanta, and then to Southern Africa, where the weather is hotter than Cleveland! I know Nathan will miss his basement buddies terribly :-(

Well it's off to bed I go, as I need my beauty and brain sleep for my course which still has another 12 weeks to go :-)

1 comment:

Janna Kay said...

Hey Grant!
Didn't know you had a blog until I visited Angie's. Looks great! We enjoyed seeing you at Christmas!
Stay warm!
Blessings,
Janna Kay