Sunday, February 24, 2008

Escape to the outdoors

What a week we had! I was fortunate to have a Study break this week, which got me out of the classroom for a bit, allowing me time to catch up on some required reading of our Java textbook. Riveting stuff (NOT!)... I did have the privilege of accompanying Nathan to one of his Kindermusik classes, so I could watch my little maestro in the making in action :)

On the weather front, we had a decent snowfall on Thursday night that carpeted the countryside in the thick white blanket of powder. This inspired Liesel to take Nathan sledding on Friday, which he loved, until snow got into his gloves! On Saturday, it was my turn to take Nath sledding before the snow surrenders to the above freezing temperatures. Again, Nath loved it, until I went a bit faster and he had some snow spray into his face during our descent....

After that adventure, we did some shopping and then lunched at Chick-Fil-A where Nathan immediately heads to the play area that has a maze of tunnels and slides that keeps him occupied while Liesel and I could eat our lunch.
That evening, we headed west to a fellow band member's place for a surprise Birthday party. We had a great time fellowshipping with them and others on the worship team, and not to mention the wonderful dinner! What made the evening special for us was when our friends complemented us on Nathan's exceptional manners:-) That's my boy!!!

On Sunday I played in Church again, and that afternoon, since the sun was shining and it was 3C (which is blissful in Cleveland in February!) we headed to a playground for Nathan! He had so much fun running around, clad in a jacket, gloves and hat! He even had Liesel and myself chasing him down the slides! It was great fun, albeit slightly chilly. Right after that, I had to make a stop at Lake Erie, to see how the water has been transformed by the winter elements! It was beautiful. Not as frozen as it was last year, but there were still some brave people venturing onto the ice!


Finally it was time to go home, eat a hot dinner, and watch the sun set on a pretty good weekend!

No comments: