Monday, January 01, 2007

La la la... AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

First of all let me wish you a safe, prosperous and amazing New Year from the McCarthy's in the USA! May all your (chocolate) dreams come true!


We had a very good weekend as we ushered out 2006 and embraced 2007, with its promises of more dreams and excitement! On Saturday morning, we were very pleased to host Andreas and Jacqui and their family, on their way back from South Carolina, making their way to Detroit! They had been driving through the night (as it is easier that way with a 2 month old baby) and Cleveland was in just the right location for a warm breakfast. Andreas and Jacqui had hosted us for 2 weeks when we first landed in the USA, so it was nice to be able to return the favor in this small way. Also, it was the perfect opportunity for the children to run around and expend some of the perpetual energy!
That afternoon I took my mom for a leisurely drive through the Rocky River Nature Trail. It is a park that spans for miles along side the banks of the Rocky River. There is a separate cycle/walking track for anyone who wishes to enjoy the nature and beauty of this trail at a leisurely pace. It is wonderful to see elderly couples walking hand in hand, families on bicycles and even people on horse back making the most of this unseasonly warm weather that we have been blessed with at this time of year!
On Sunday evening, Liesel and myself went to our a couple in our Bible Study's house for a pizza and games evening. My mom volunteered to babysit Nathan for us, so we could go and enjoy ourselves! We had a wonderful time there and got to know the other people in our Bible Study a bit better. We were home by 9:30pm! I stayed up to watch the New Year in, with the television tuned into the festivities in Times Square, New York! But what made the evening extra special is that my sister was awake in South Africa (7 am SA Time) and we chatted together on Skype, so she was there with me to see the New year in. You have got to love technology!

New Year's day we headed west to another mall about 10 miles from us. It was drizzling in Cleveland, so we thought it would be better if Nathan could run around in an indoor setting, and it was a new mall for my mom to explore!! That afternoon, my mom and I returned to that area to buy myself an external 250GB hard drive for me, as I am running low on space.

And that concludes my first blog of 2007! This week, my mom and I will be flying to New York City on Friday, where I will be showing her around until I head back on Sunday afternoon! I am really looking forward to that as it has been 4 years since I was last in NYC, and to be able to show my mom around will be such fun, as long as she can keep up with me!!!

Once again, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Grant

All the best for the new year to the McC's! We hope and trust that it will be a great one for you. I won't dwell on our weather too much, but I must slip in that the crayfish diving was excellent these holidays!

Leon, Gail, Charl & Michael