Sunday, January 14, 2007

Another cold and wet weekend in Cleveland

As another cold front moves over Cleveland, we prepared ourselves for another indoors weekend. My mother finally arrived safely back in South Africa on Friday, after surviving New York City for 3 days on her own! Now she is back in the middle of summer where the temperatures are in the mid 30's Celsius! I secretly know that she is missed not seeing and experiencing more snow during her stay in Cleveland! On Friday evening, we rented a DVD, and later that evening, laid back and enjoyed "World Trade Center"!

On Saturday morning, Liesel went for a haircut, while the boys stayed at home! Later that morning, we went to meet our real estate agent, who showed us a house for the first time. The house itself was huge. One of the things we need to take into account is that the bigger the house is, the more furnishing we will need to do! And in this house we would need to furnish 4 bedrooms, 2 lounges, a kitchen, a dining room and a basement! That could take a while, so back to the internet searches!

Saturday afternoon, we took Nathan to the library where he could play with Liesel on the computers there. I had a chance to look at their movie collection and we took out The Transporter 2, which we watched after putting Nathan to bed that night! The movie was flirting with utter ridiculousness most of the time... very much a guy's movie!

Sunday was average with Church in the morning, and bible study in the evening. Thankfully, tomorrow is a Bank Holiday in the USA (Martin Luther King day), which translates into a long weekend for me! I get another day to sleep in and enjoy the company of my small family! Life is good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Grant

All the best for 2007!! May it be great!

I found you on Skype. But - I know you are going to enjoy this - data is extremely expensive in SA!!!! I suppose you get 3GB of data for a penny or something redicilous. My data is 500MB. MB stands for megabite, I suppose you forgot as you will only be talking in GB's :). So, my 500MB cost me R350 per month, any aditional 1MB's cost R2.

OK, get back on your chair as I suppose you fell off laughing your butt off.

I will be selective in using my Skype to try and stay inside my budgeted 500MB, but will try and talk to you at sometime.

Have to run, speak to you soon. Please send my regards to Liesl and mini you!!

Alexeii