Monday, July 24, 2006

News just in!!!!!!

Apologies for not having the blog updated by Monday morning (SA time) but there was a very good reason to delaying it!

Another answer to prayer!!! We have just found out that my mother has got herself a 10 year Visa for the USA!!!! That is a huge relief for her and for us obviously! So now we can begin making final arrangements for her Christmas holiday with us in Cleveland!!! We are planning to make another "White Christmas's are best" convert ;-)


This weekend was a very average weekend for the McCarthy's in Cleveland. Firstly, we found Nathan had either crawled or fallen out of bed so when Liesel went into his room, he was fast asleep on the floor using a blanket as a pillow... poor little guy! It was raining on Saturday - so we drove to a mall that we had never been to before. Didn't buy anything, but just browsed. Nathan loved looking at the pet store where they had puppies on display in the window. He was pointing, laughing and saying "woof-woof" to them. This kept him busy for about 15 minutes before we had to take him away - to which of course he protested! That afternoon I decided to cut his hair. I used hair clippers on him for the first time and he was surprisingly OK with that. To reward him we gave him "Choccies" which he just loves (pa se kind). It's good to know that you can always bribe your son with something ;-) That evening we watched North Country (Charlize Theron) on DVD. In the USA, you can order DVD's online and they are mailed to you. I am busy trying this out as a free trial and I must say I enjoy the convenience. You can keep the DVD's as long as you like, and then once you post it back in their prepaid envelopes, they send you the next DVD from the list you made on the internet. I still have Firewall (Harrison Ford) to watch, which I will save for next weekend. It's a fantastic concept, but one of those businesses that would never work in SA.........

On Sunday - the weather was good and we headed off to church. It was a good sermon and they started the message by playing a scene from Star Wars on their screens. I know a lot of South Africans who would appreciate a church that would does that ;-)
After lunch, I decided to give my self and strenuous workout so I decided to wash both our SUV's. It took me an hour and I was rushing to make it back in time to chat to my sister thanks to Skype. I could also show her Nathan's haircut and chat to Caleb using my webcam! It is wonderful having these technologies, which help make family seem a bit closer than 10000 miles away. That afternoon we went for a swim to bring our pretty average weekend to a close!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Grantie! How about some photies of you and Lee - We miss you too!! Emmie and I watched our wedding video on Saturday night and she could not understand why you were there but not Aunty Liesel! Keep well!
Janine