Sunday, July 16, 2006

1st night in a bed, Bedside tables, Blazing weather and Beaches

From last week's post, you would have seen the bed we bought for Nathan. On Friday night, Nathan was "reading" some of his books on the bed, so I thought it would be a good time to see how well he adapts to the new bed! I tucked him in to his new bed and kissed him goodnight, and he waved bye bye as I left the room, so it looked good. About 45 min later I went to check on my boy, and as I opened the door, I obviously started him. My poor child had just about fallen asleep on the FLOOR! He was lying on some of his blankets and as I opened the door, he stood up with his blanket and big sad eyes as if to say "Please put me in my normal bed". I immediately put him back into his campcot, and he had a good night's sleep! I must say I felt rather bad!

On Saturday morning, we headed back to Babies R Us to complete Nath's bedroom set. We bought him a bedside table, a lamp that matches his bed linen, with cars, trains and airplanes on it. We also got him his own table set with 2 chairs, where we can sit and draw or play with toys as he grows up! All these furniture items come in compact kits and need assembling. I should get a job as a carpenter as I have put together all kinds of furniture now. As long as it comes with pre-drilled holes, easy to follow instructions and all necessary nuts and bolts and I should be fine! Oh, did I mention that Nathan was very keen to help with his new furniture ;-)

That afternoon it was hot and we headed down to Huntington Beach. Nath seems to love playing in the sand and trying to find new ways to transport sand home using his hair!


I am pleased to announce that Nathan did sleep on his bed for the first time on Saturday night - without incident!

On Sunday we had a nice chat to my mom in the morning - she was at my sister's house and thanks to their DSL and Skype, we had a good long chat. We went to Providence Church (same one as last week) and enjoyed the service. It calls itself an Evangelical Free church, but we are unsure what that means. Is it like sugar-free? All we know is that it is a bible based church and their doctrine is sound. Feel free to add a comment to help me understand what Evangelical Free means! Sunday afternoon saw us heading back to the lake, but we didn't spend too long there because it was so busy, and became hazardous to enter the water, as hundreds of teens were throwing footballs, baseballs, volleyballs, beachballs etc. What I find amusing (confusing?) is that the lifeguards allow the missile launching activities, but when someone enters the water with an inflatable object like a tube, they are whistled at and asked to leave the water ?!?!? Now you tell me, what's do you think is more dangerous?!?!

We left the beach and headed to our complex pool which was far more civil and enjoyable!!

The temperature outside today : 94F or 34C! Tomorrow (Monday) is expected to be hotter - around 37-38C! Praise the Lord for air conditioning!

1 comment:

Mika said...

AAAAAWWWWWW!!!! Even though this happened last year and i'm sure Nath is now sleeping comfortably every night.....it broke my heart! Poor little chickin!!!..... dj