Sunday, July 22, 2012

T-minus 2 weeks and counting

We are another 7 days closer to our eagerly anticipated Southern African trip! We can't believe how quickly time has flown since we purchased our tickets back in February this year!

This week's blog is brought to you by the complimentary hotel internet. I drove 4 hours northwest this evening as one of my larger customers in Michigan is going live with Google Apps on Monday. A few of my colleagues and I will be onsite supporting them through their major milestone from 8am onwards. We will be here for a couple of days, ensuring everything runs smoothly and if any issues arise, that they are quickly nipped in the bud.
Before embarking on the four hour drive, I spent some time in the pool with my boys! It was another scorcher of a day, so the pool offered a welcome relief after lunch.

On Friday evening, we had friends over for hotdogs and hamburgers. They have children that are in the same age range as our boys and they get along really well. So well, in fact, that while they all played inside, we (the adults) sneaked outside and had some great conversation on the patio, without any interruptions! Our friends provided dessert, which consisted of three different varieties of ice cream, plus a range of delicious toppings, including, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, chocolate chips, different colored sprinkles and more! We all loved the indulgence!
Once they left, I thought it would be a great night to sleep in a tent. Nathan had been wanting to for a while now, but most weekends were too hot. Since Friday was mostly overcast - the air temperature was comfortable and so we got the tent out of the basement and set it up outside. This would also be Josh's first outdoor camping experience. By the time the tent was ready for us, it was close to 10pm, so the boys found their spots and after a few stories from Nathan, they fell asleep. Unfortunately - the padding I chose for myself was not ideal (our patio furniture's cushions) and I did not have a great night's sleep :( But it's still worth it so the boys could have their adventure!

On Saturday morning, since we were all awake before 6:30am, we went back inside where I made a pancake breakfast, and let Liesel sleep in for once! The rest of the day was relaxed, and later that evening, Nathan and I headed to the YMCA for some swimming practice! When we came home, it was time for supper, and then the boys needed to be bathed. Shortly thereafter, it was their bedtime, which allowed Liesel and me to enjoy a DVD together!

Good times :)

No comments: