Sunday, March 11, 2012

Beautiful weekend!

One of the final touches to our master bedroom's long-overdue makeover was completed on Friday. The final coat of our brand new color was applied to the walls, giving our bedroom a much more intimate, and color-coordinated feel! The full makeover so far includes new bedding, new window blinds, new lamps, a new TV and now the new wall color! 


Waking up to bright sunlight and bird's chirping set the tone for the weekend! The weather has finally turned the corner and is heading directly to Destination Spring! In fact, I left the house in shorts as I headed for my gym workout! However, the bright sunshine was deceptive, as when I pulled into our driveway after gym, I offered Josh a bike ride around our neighborhood. He, of course, said YES (probably because he had a nice warm tracksuit on!) I should have checked my dashboard to check the outside temperature beforehand, as the temperature was 34F (1C). But being true to my word, I fastened Josh into his backseat, and I mounted the bike and headed into the near-freezing air. By the time I got home, my legs, hands and face were frozen!

Later that afternoon, I had to get ready for my band's first ever "concert". Our church had graciously offered us the use of their hall for the "Praise and Worship Night". The band I play in, The Remnant, had been rehearsing for this evening for months! The idea was simple, choose our favorite praise and worship songs, and then invite our friends and families and whoever to come and worship along with us. We had a wonderful turnout, and the evening was divine in all senses of the word! We felt God's presence amongst us, and felt really privileged to lead so many in worship. We had so much positive feedback, with many people asking us to do this on a regular basis! The possibilities are endless, and we will go wherever God leads us! 
My favorite part of the evening, was when Liesel said to me: "Your dad would have loved this, and I know he was looking down at you, and he must have been so proud!"


I will be uploading video of the songs that we performed video YouTube in the near future, but until then, enjoy this clip that Nathan took from his vantage point in the audience!



If you want to see more photos and videos, search for The Remnant on Facebook and like us :)
 

No comments: