Sunday, February 26, 2012

Another mild weekend - still no sign of Winter!

The weekend started out like any other, with Liesel's delicious pancakes for breakfast. After morning jolt of calories, Liesel and I put on our interior decorator hats and headed up to Josh's room to brighten it up with some wall art! We had purchased some adhesive stickers that would brighten up Josh's room with some of his favorite things in life... animals! Have a look at his newly decorated room.
 
Earlier this week, I received a phone call from my local Nissan dealer. They mentioned that I had won some kind of lottery and that I should go and see them before February 29. I was somewhat skeptical, but nevertheless, I headed down to the showroom later that morning, with Nathan in tow. When we arrived, the salesman explained that Nissan was willing to take care of my last six remaining payments, waive a bunch of other costs, and basically put me in a brand new, upgraded model for about the same amount as what I am currently paying! Little did I know that in an hour's time, I would be leaving my 3 year old car there and driving home in a brand new model with some really cool features! Nathan's favorite feature is the built-in rear back-up camera that shows you what is directly behind the car on a screen on the center console! I love the bluetooth handsfree phone system, that takes your voice commands such as "Call Liesel McCarthy". There is also the upgraded radio that can read all the songs on your iPod and play your favorite playlists! So now I have a brand new car in my favorite color parked in my garage!


On Sunday, we went to Church as usual (in the new car). Once we returned home, Liesel and I sat down at the computer and planned for and then purchased our air tickets to South Africa for our vacation. Now the vacation is set in stone, and the long wait begins as we look forward to spending time with our South African family and friends!

No comments: